Ride farther, faster, and in greater comfort
A new bike purchase includes complimentary bike sizing which ensures that the rider will leave with the proper saddle height, ideal leg and knee extension positioning, and a comfortable handlebar reach.
However, some cyclists may have needs beyond sizing. For example: athletes seeking higher performance and greater power transfer, cyclists experiencing pain or numbness while cycling, or persons wanting to address or adjust for pre-existing injuries. Anyone looking to be more comfortable and more efficient can benefit from a bike fitting.
Bike Fit Options
Whether you’re on a brand new bike or you’re looking to shave seconds off of your next race time, you can benefit from a professional bike fit. Learn more about our fit services and schedule your appointment today.
WHAT IS BODY GEOMETRY (BG) FIT?
Specialized's BG Fit training program provides Fit Technicians with the training, expertise and equipment to improve comfort, efficiency and power output.
In collaboration with bike fit expert Dr. Andy Pruitt of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine and renowned framebuilder Ben Serotta of Serotta Bicycles, the BG Fit program goes beyond general fit services that incorporate general bike measurements to incorporate body geometry, individual anatomy and human movement principals into cycling expertise.
Upon completing the program, BG Fit technicians are qualified to ensure a precise fit for all types of riders based on measurements that incorporate athletic and cycling background, height, flexibility and even inseam to determine the best-fitting specific vertical and horizontal coordinates of the cycling experience.
BG Fit Process
- Pre-Fit Interview: These questions allow your fitter to sharpen the focus of their flexibility assessment. By learning your injury and riding history, flexibility issues that will affect your saddle position, handlebar drop and stance width can be anticipated.
- 20-Point Flexibility Assessment: This series of evaluations provides an accurate picture of your flexibility and other physical attributes that will determine your final riding position. Assessments include foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, and hip flexion, among others.
- Side View Analysis: By assessing the side view of you on your bike, your fitter will establish a correct neutral position that's both powerful and comfortable by precisely adjusting seat height, handlebar height, stem length and cleat position.
- Front View Analysis: Analysis from frontal view will optimize your hip, knee and foot alignment for greater performance and balanced power delivery. Includes analysis of pedal and shoe placement and squareness on the saddle.
- Follow Up: After a week or so, our technician will call you to discuss the effectiveness of the adjustments and answer any other questions or concerns you may have.
For more about what type of fitting might be right for you, call our store at (507) 388-9390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the Shoe Fits
For maximum power transfer on the road or trail and for exceptional comfort on a spin bike, we recommend clipless cycling shoes and pedals. With stiffer soles and the ability to click into and out of your pedal system easily, cycling shoes make your ride and your workout more efficient, more effective, and more comfortable. Never get stuck in a toe cage again!